Tuesday

 

Obligatory Oscar post

I think I'm obligated to make some comments about the Oscars, but I haven't really paid attention to them for a couple of years. Plus I hadn't seen a lot of the 2004 films nominated. For instance, I've only seen 2 out of the 5 best picture nominees. Despite having not seen the film, my two cents are that I can't really imagine Finding Neverland being good. This also goes for Ray, but to a slightly lesser degree. Of the two I have seen, I liked Sideways and had a mixed reaction to Million Dollar Baby. I think that's in part it's because I had very high expectations for Million Dollar Baby and ended up thinking that most of it was just a cliched story well shot and well acted. So of the two I've seen, I would vote for Sideways, but not happily. As far as the two screenplay awards I've seen 40% of the nominees for those too. So really the point of this post is that I didn't see enough good movies this year to have an informed opinion.

|