Saturday

 

Prizes

If you happen to be eating at Blue Ribbon, I cannot recommend the calamari highly enough. I haven't read enough food reviews to know which adjectives I'm supposed to use to explain that it's great, so I'll just say that a) I've had a good amount of calamari in my life, and I'm pretty sure this was the best and b) I tried quite a few of my co-diners appetizers, and while the raw bar, escargot, and the foie gras were all quite good, it never occurred to me that I might have made the wrong choice. Also, Time Out's choice of Blue Ribbon's hamburger as one of the top ten in New York wasn't wrong. I somehow have the authority to say this even though there are thousands upon thousands of hamburgers in New York I have never sampled, including some which are rumored to rival Blue Ribbon's.


|