Friday

 

John Flaherty for MVP

The Yankees played their first spring training game of the year. Since I didn't see it, I don't have much to say about it. But I can play the game of "Fun will small sample sizes." If the Yankees continue at this rate, their record will be unique in the history of baseball, 0-0-162. And the only Yankees to get any hits will be Alex Rodriguez, Hideki Matsui, and journeyman backup catcher John Flaherty. The three of them will all shatter the season record for batting average, though none of them may get enough at bats to qualify.

I saw the premiere of the new Law & Order spinoff tonight. Since I'm trying to avoid saying anything substantive in this post (or on this blog in general. Zing!), I'll just note that Annabella Sciorra looked great. The show was very cynical.

I'll post thoughts on Wendesday's West Wing later today, I'm sure many of you are anticipating that.

|