Saturday

 

Nice work, Randy

While I frequently go after his work as the Ethicist, Randy Cohen does have some good ideas. Like creating a literary map of Manhattan. This will be a map showing Manhattan with its real layout, and the locations of the homes and assorted haunts of fictional characters overlaid on that. If there home is in an actual building, it will be marked as such, otherwise the place the building would be will be marked. Some of this requires deducing the precise location of a vaguely defined building from clues in the text, which is a large part of the fun. Oh, and he wants reader submissions, so if you have Manhattan based fiction lying around, read it over and send it in. I haven't sent in anything yet, but I plan on doing so shortly. I'm thinking the hotel where Nick and Nora are staying in The Thin Man, but I can't find my copy right now.



|