Friday

 

I will probably not be posting tomorrow

So I watch Entourage because otherwise I would have no idea what the people around me are talking about an unpleasant percentage of the time. And there are some good things about the show (the characters are interestingly crafted, etc.). But since my mind is constrained to think of half hour long non-news/non-"reality" television as "situation comedy," I'm frequently bothered by the show not really trying to be funny most of the time. I can't recall ever laughing more than say twice in one episode, and while maybe I'm low-level amused by good portions of it (which puts it above a very large portion of television), I would never describe it as a fynny show. But maybe it's just the trappings of the sit-com genre which makes me look for jokes that aren't really coming.

|