Friday

 

It's a mad world

There is a survey-style post I've been wanting to do for a while, but I can never figure out how to phrase the question as precisely as I mean to. Nevertheless, I'm going to try. What is your ideal candidate (I refuse to specify an office, though it obviously matters, so specify one in your answer if you choose) platform? The rules for this survey/contest aren't quite listing the necessary conditions, and they certainly aren't listing the sufficient conditions, instead, they're the following: list the positions such that if a candidate committed to these positions (as specifically as possible (i.e., not "education reform," but a specific education reform proposal)) you would vote for that candidate over anyone who didn't commit to these positions. But you don't need to deal with the "all of those positions, and a pony" problem, because I'm not saying you would vote for this candidate over any other candidate, but only over anyone who didn't accept each element of the platform. Accepting your platform+ isn't a problem.

|