Friday

 

Admission against interest

I think of this as being an ogged-esque post, in that it reveals something that's going to not cast me in the most positive light, and has to do with gender relations (one example of the kind of posts I'm thinking of, though the archive there is just full of them). Though he probably wouldn't have bothered noting that he knew it would make him look bad, being a fan of pith.

I haven't seen Brokeback Mountain yet, though I believe I'll enjoy it, having heard pretty much exclusively postive things about the film. But I'm not willing to go see the film with exclusively male friends. In fact, it's worse than that. I don't think I'd see it with a large group of guys and a girl or two. Even seeing it alone might be problematic, though not as much so. Really, the only way I'm sure I'd be happy to go see it is with a girl (or woman), and not in a group. Yes, I am this insecure about certain things.

|