Wednesday

 

Eternal Recurrence

I'm easing back into this, we'll see how it goes.

Post of the day, U.S. Democratic Presidential Primaries division. I'm wary about attributing voting patterns so strongly to ethnic roots, but Josh looks like he has the evidence.

Post of the day, having nothing to do with the U.S. election, but interesting, somewhat crazy, and long division. No, not that kind of long division. If you read the linked post, one question to consider because I'm uncertain whether the author knows the answer to it: who in particular should be, as he suggests, suing ExxonMobil and other companies doing business with dictatorial regimes that expropriate natural resources? I can broadly think of three possibilities, all of which seem to have serious problems. First, it could be the citizens of those countries, but there's quite a bit standing in the way of their access to U.S. courts. Second, it could United States citizens, but I have no idea what they're supposed to be suing for, since they haven't been wronged by the behavior he describes. Finally, it could be the U.S. government, but there are both standing and incentive problems there as well.

My obsessively updated delegate tracking spreadsheet is below. Surprisingly, Sen. Clinton's win by over forty percent in a state with a total of twenty-eight delegates has not transformed the underlying dynamics of a months-long race with 4,050 total delegates at stake.



My sidebar is extraordinarily out of date, if this post isn't a one-time thing I'll start updating it.

Labels:


|