Tuesday

 

Use Your Head or I'll Take It Off Your Shoulders

Tha Carter III was officially released today (it's apparently been available for perfectly legal downloading since May 30). I haven't heard it, and nearly all the Lil Wayne I know is from Da Drought 3, but the sheer randomness of his lyrics (And when I was five, my favorite movie was the Gremlins/That ain't got shit to do with this, but I just thought that I should mention.) and brilliant appropriation of others' beats on that mix tape has led me to listen to it more often than I care to acknowledge. New York magazine's Vulture blog loves the new album, Rolling Stone gives it ☆☆☆☆1/2.

Also, what could Spencer, who's been obsessing over a Nas mix tape today, possibly be trying to imply by saying “I truly wish I didn’t like this one. Really truly. I try very hard to live a Wayne-free existence. But it’s good”?

|