Tuesday

 

Closing the Iron Door

And also, if you put lipstick on my pig, do you know what the difference will be between that pig and a pit bull? I’ll tell you: a pit bull can easily kill a pig. And, as the pig dies, guess what the Hockey Mom is doing?
By absolutely all means, read the whole thing. Could benefit from brevity, but given how much of it is excellent I don't hold the low points against it. It also might count as evidence (not saying for which side) in a debate over the phenomenon of urban, coastal, purportedly liberal, contempt for people who aren't in that group. Recent edition of that debate prompted by this post (which is fine, except that she moves from discussing a group based upon its geographical, economic, and educational markers to acting as if that group is equivalent to liberals), these responses, and currently being mooted here.

Otherwise, I'm feeling electorally optimistic today, and think either today's FiveThirtyEight electoral vote number of 250.3 or possibly (but only say a 40% chance) tomorrow's will be the basement of Obama's post-RNC polling collapse. I almost want to say it'll be the worst number he has from now until the election, but I don't have enough of a basis to rule out another drop later on. Just saying I expect to see no further drop anytime soon and an extended rise starting tomorrow or Thursday.

|