Wednesday

 

I'll gladly pay you tomorrow

My practice is universally to order steaks, hamburgers, and most any other product on which the option is available medium-rare without giving any thought to the particular circumstances the cow which became my meat was raised in (grass-fed, organic, not) which cut or cuts are being used to assemble the burger, or any facts about the manner in which the meat is being cooked (on burgers, largely grill versus griddle, on steaks, other concerns). This has worked pretty well for me, in the sense that my food tastes good, and I've avoided mockery from friends and wait-staff who think it's a waste to order good steak cooked any more than that. And it looks like I've been ordering correctly, but if I want to be a real epicure (and I do!), I need to put a lot more thought into the whys of my order.

|