Friday

 

Wipeout

Remember two days ago when I was praising engaging the arguments of others instead of just making snarky comments? I lied.

Yglesias, “My plan, I suppose, is that the Obama administration should threaten corporations with indefinite detention without trial if he doesn’t like their political contributions. That would presumably get the Supreme Court engaged with this civil liberties problem.”

While it's not the main topic Yglesias is talking about in that linked post, I should say something about Citizens United now, I suppose. It's not a big deal. The role money plays in elections and access to political power is a big deal, but I've been convinced of the hydraulic theory of money, which says that like water, it finds its way through. In which case the argument for
Citizens United being a disaster rests on drastically overstating the effectiveness of the previous regulatory regime under BCRA.

|